The last few weeks have been very active for me in terms of decluttering and re-committing myself to GTD. I have been putting a lot more effort into ubiquitous capture, and one result of that is a very different feel to my days. It is hard to describe but I guess I could say that when I have a thought worth capturing, instead of ruminating on it and worrying about it and so on, I put it on paper (or even on my shower wall) and then move on to have even more thoughts.
A thought I had yesterday was: How useful would it be to me to go over a series of questions every morning?
Questions such as:
- What’s for dinner? (a la FlyLady)
- What items are on our schedule (appointments, preschool, etc.)?
- Which child needs a bath today, and when will this bath fit into our day?
- What time to the kids need to go to bed?
- Are there any errands that I can, should, or need to run today?
- Are there any phone calls or emails that I should take care of today?
I suppose this is sort of a daily planning session for the SAHM. Ideally I could also scan through my Next Actions to catch things that are especially important.
Does anyone else use a checklist to help plan their day?