Late in the afternoon I realized that I was starting to feel a little down and low on energy.
I guess the reasons are:
- Yesterday I received news that a family friend had passed away.
- Lately we have been disciplining 5yo Adam a lot, to the point where I “miss” the fun things that he does and that we do together. When he misses out, I do, too.
- I’m trying to stay within Weight Watchers Points for the day, and it takes energy to keep from turning to food to soothe myself.
- The last several days, I have had more time to myself than usual, which is definitely a good thing. However, with all the time I’ve been spending on hobbies (at the computer), I think I’m feeling detached from and unmotivated about the everyday grind stuff like cleaning, cooking, laundry, and so on.
- Knowing that winter is coming has me concerned about how I’m going to get through the winter with a 2yo who insists on going outside to play every chance he gets. And when he can’t go outside, it is exhausting to manage his fussiness and naughtiness. Many times I feel like we have a house full of toys (not literally, thank heavens) and nothing that he is interested in.
The kids will be in bed in two hours, and Hubby is home from work and aware that I’m having an “off” day.
Here’s wishing all of you moms a good rest of the day!