I think it’s safe to say that I didn’t feel ready to face the day when I got up this morning. I did have a good night’s sleep, and I did get to sleep in a bit since hubby is taking the day off and got up with the kids. Those things were definitely working in my favor.
But some things working against me–
- Have spent the week eating lots of junk – candy, cake, and so on–with the main problem being, way too MUCH junk
- Did not get to the gym this week
- The house feels out of control, and it’s hard to get it under control with a toddler and 4yo running around making messes, not to needing snacks, diaper changes, and help in the bathroom
- Things are out of whack around our house due to the climbing and exploring toddler. We have to keep kitchen chairs in all sorts of strange places so that the little climber doesn’t get up onto things. Also there is a gate at the top of the staircase that goes to the basement, and while having the gate there opens up another area for the toddler to explore, it is driving me batty because it is so hard to go between the basement and the main floor.
- My 4yo was up super early this morning, to go to the bathroom, and he did not go back to sleep; as a result, he is cranky, argumentative, and emotional. I will be perfectly honest and say that I just don’t want to deal with this today. I really get a chip on my shoulder when I feel that hubby and I try very hard to get enough sleep for Adam, seemingly to no avail.
- I also get really annoyed when my younger son is napping and all I want is for the house to be quiet-ish for one hour, maybe a bit more.